Monday, October 5, 2009

halloween is coming! party invites.

   So, this is it...it's October and I have to plan a 10 year old sleepover party!
   That's right, I said sleepover. YIKES! Luckily my daughter only wanted
   to invite 7 friends. We think we can handle that.(Sure...) Anyway, I did
   send out the invitations this morning. My daughter helped me create them.
   Took a small wood coffin (Michaels Craft Store) and painted them. Then I
   designed a quick invite and she helped with the copy. Printed them out had
   my daughter tear the edges...tied them with black ribbon...put them to bed
   in blackish grey netting from the dollar store. Then of course I had to create
   the mailing box that they went in because the box from the Container Store
   was just too big. So I disected it and created a smaller box ... put in some
   spanish moss for that creepy effect. Added a maling label and there off!
   It took the better part of our afternoon. Now we just have to decorate the
   whole house and choose the games! I'll keep you posted.